Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Inspiration on the T

I started this blog because I was noticing interesting fashion trends on the T, and because I desperately wanted to write, to write anything, anything at all. It's surprising that the T should give me inspiration, but I am not alone. The other day, I was at the Children's museum, and I saw this wonderful painting/collage by an artist named Tim Murley. I wanted to share it with you. As you can see it depicts the Green Line. It gives you this wonderful, happy feeling, as when you are riding a T on a sunny day, and it's full of Red Sox fans, and you are jammed from all sides, but there is this happy buzzing energy all around you. I also read the artist's statement next to the painting, and I thought I'd share it with you. Tim Murley says, "I don't think it's important where inspiration comes from; it just needs to exist."
fragment from "Magic Night in the City" by Tim Murley
"Magic Night in the City" by Tim Murley (Children's Museum, Boston)




No comments:

Post a Comment